FOR TRIBUTE ARTISTS
Dear Elvis Tribute Artists,
Each July, ElvisFestival.com hosts it’s annual Images of the King: Las Vegas event at Sam’s Town Casino in Las Vegas. As part of the long weekend, we are holding an Elvis Tribute Artist Contest that will serve as both a preliminary to the Images of the King: World Championship in Memphis and as a stand alone contest in Las Vegas, the only city other than Memphis to be as closely tied to Elvis’ iconic image and legendary life.
In 1969 Elvis began his Vegas run with a sold out show at the Hilton (then the International), and went on to perform regular engagements at the property for seven years – a total of 837 consecutive sold-out performances in front of 2.4 million people. To this day Elvis holds the Las Vegas record for the most consecutive sold-out performances. What better city to celebrate his life and legacy in.
Images of the King is inviting you to participate in a world class tribute artist contest, produced by the ElvisFestival.com team and held as part of this spectacular four-day festival (the contest is NOT a preliminary to the Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Contest and it is not affiliated with EPE in any way).
Registering to participate in the competition costs $150, but here’s what you get for your registration fee:
- A special discounted rate at Sam’s Town. View the hotel page for details.
- Two Silver Ticket Bundles for admission to all of the events throughout the weekend. See the schedule of events for details. A $300 value.
- The opportunity to perform throughout the weekend at the Welcome Reception, Wrap Party and during other events held in Roxy’s Lounge.
- A special limited-edition 2016 Images of the King: Las Vegas t-shirt and souvenir program.
- The chance to qualify out of the 2016 Images of the King: World Championship contest preliminary round in Memphis during Elvis Week and go straight to the semi-final round. Plus, your 2016 Images of the King: World Championship entry fee will be waived.
- The opportunity to compete for over $13,000 in prize money with the champion taking home a check for $5,000!
Please note that past Images of the King: World Champions ARE eligible to participate.
The contest will take place over three rounds. Two preliminary rounds will be held, one on Friday and one on Saturday. All contestants will perform both days. Scores for the two rounds will be cumulative. Ten (10) ETAs will qualify out of the preliminary rounds to compete in Sunday’s finals which will be judged independently of the preliminary (scores are not cumulative). All ten (10) finalists will go home with prize money.
Guaranteed Prize Pay Out:
Our judges, runners, and scorekeepers have no professional or management affiliation with any Tribute Artists. They will have no knowledge of their fellow judge’s scores. They will not total their own score sheets.
Judges will be instructed to score in three (3) categories and thirteen (13) sub-categories, making this one of the toughest, yet fairest judging systems in the country!
If you’re interested in participating, please contact me for your registration package as soon as possible. We only have about thirty slots available and expect them to fill quickly, so call to register and reserve your spot now!
Click here for a registration form.
Click here for the official rules.
3 Crescent View
Lake George , NY 12845